After working for 3 days in Shangri-La banquet, I've decided on something.
Not to be so fussy and be more patient in waiting the waiter/waitress service during any dinner.
1 condition applies.
They do not give me 'black' face.
It's not easy for them to do the job well.
For other hotels, I dont know.
But for Shangri-La, its requirement of standard is rather demanding.
We have to keep serving beverage.
Walk around with the beverage, which is not light to me, and see which cup/glass is empty and pour to refill.
I poured until I felt that I kept disturbing and irritating and disrupting the guests in their conversation with one another.
I felt very guilty.
But if I don't do that, I'll be pointed at by the managerS.
It was a great experience gained.
I like it.
I didn't even try to imagine myself working in a banquet before I actually did. Haha.
There are managers who are nice but some are seriously not. LOL.
They have way too many managers to the extent that 1 manager says this, the other says that.
All has different working style.
Ultimately, it was us, the workers, who are the scapegoat and get the scolding when it's totally not our fault!
We are only carrying out instructions from 1 manager, which has different working style as the 1 who reprimands us!
IT WAS TOTAL WHAT THE!
NVM.
Life is always like that if you are working under others.
SO, best is to be your own boss.
But it's always easier said than done.
I may consider working there again once in a while during holidays although the rate is back to normal.
Shall see to it.
If only I can spare 1 or 2 days for the work, then will I consider. :)